1. ‘Rosie’ cover for the Pixie
2. Farmyard sheet for the Pixie Playground…(make harder ones for extension)
3. Laminated objects for the game e.g. rake, bees, bag of flour
1. To give and receive instructions
2. To follow a route around the farmyard in sequential order
3. Whilst doing this, pupils collect things along the way to help protect them from the fox!
4. Like Rosie, they must get back in time for ‘dinner’
5. Children need to recognise ordinal numbers
How to play
Put ‘Rosie’ at the starting point on the board. Go to each place in the farmyard in sequential order. Collect objects as you visit each place.
1. Make different, more complex routes for the Pixie to take, but still in sequential order 2. Put the game on a timer, to ensure everyone is back in time for lunch!