Activity 7 – Creating a Podcast using a Script
The Script tool enables users to display blocks of text or the pages of a playscript on the screen. Text displayed on the screen can then be read aloud and recorded using the “on-screen” microphone.
- Script can be added to either an Episode or a Chapter
- To add text click on the maximise button (plus sign) to display the 'script workspace '
- T o create additional space for displaying text close the other workspaces
Adding Text to the script workspace
- Position your cursor on the script workspace and click
- Now type and add text to the script workspace
Paste or drag text from another document on to the workspace
- To save the edited Episode or Chapter click on the “Save As” button on the main toolbar
Creating a Playscript
- Open the script workspace
- Fill in the name of the actors in the script toolbar in the boxes next to each bubble
- To assign text to an actor click on the speech bubble next to the actors name
- The name of the character will then be displayed in the workspace on a new line
- Click on the workspace next to the character to enter the spoken dialogue
- Repeat the activity until the script is complete
- T o save the finished Playscript click on the “Save As” button to save your work.