Woodlands Children's Centre
Welcome to Woodlands Children's Centre. We are open 5 days a week (including school holidays) for parents and carers of children from 0-5 years. We have on offer:
- Childminder's Drop-In group
- Baby Weigh with Health Visitors present
- Baby & Toddler Group
- Breast Feeding Support Group
- Mums Without Mums Support Group
- New Baby Support Group (See 'Our Services' for details of new day, time & venue)
- Teens to Twenties
- Adult Education courses
- Nursery provision (free for 2) advice and support
- Sensory Play
- Baby Signing Courses
- Messy Play
- Malling & Maidstone Twins Club (See 'Our Services' for details of new location)
- Parents Forum
- Dads group
- Busy Bodies - Physical play group
- Bumps & Us antenatal group
- Parentcraft Classes
See our calendar for more details of when these sessions are available.
Parent's forums - The date for the next parent's forum is to be arranged. If you wish to join us and help to shape the future of the children's centre you can just turn up on the day and join in if you have the time. We will provide refreshments so if you're able to please let us know you are coming by calling 01732 874086 or email email@example.com so we can provide enough for everyone. If you'd like to give us your feedback but can't make the forum please complete the attached feedback form
Due to increased numbers and health and safety concerns, only children up to the age of 5 can access the Children's Centre services even during the school holidays. Older children will not be admitted into groups where an age limit has been set for younger children.
For further information about Children's Centres, please download and view the following leaflets:
These leaflets are available in other languages
Woodlands Children's Centre began as East Malling Children's Centre and, as some of our visitors will remember, in a local house. In March 2010 we moved to our own dedicated centre on Chapman Way on the same premises as St. James The Great Primary School and St James The Great Community Centre. We now have a full team of helpful and friendly staff and a beautifully equipped play room and outside areas:
The centre also benefits from:
- A multi-purpose room that can be used for play sessions, support groups or as a meeting room (seating a max of 20 people)
- A medical room used by our visiting midwives and as a private place or personal chats.
Woodlands Children's Centre promotes breastfeeding as the healthiest way for a mother to feed her baby and recognises the important health benefits for both mother and baby. We welcome encourage mothers to breastfeed anywhere in the children's centre and a private room with a rocking nursing chair is available for anybody who wishes to use it.
Our policies are all available in the centre for parents to view and will soon be available on this website.
Please contact us if you would like to find out more about the centre, enquire about a group or book a room